Wednesday 2 March 2011

venice in the rain.



So much has happened between my New Year's post and this moment, right now! So many changes and a huge new adventure coming down the pike. But, first, there are pictures I haven't even shared yet from our trip! I figure that will keep my dear readers happy until I can share my news in a little bit.

Our Italian itinerary started in Venice, then the train to Florence, with a quick stop in Pisa, and then a weekend in Cinque Terre with my aunt and uncle. From Cinque Terre, we went to Rome. What can I say, but benissimo!

We'll start in Venice...

St. Mark's Square was completed flooded...it was an adventure tramping around on the wooden planks trying to find a way out without getting soaked! We heard a siren go off earlier in the morning, and saw locals with plastic covered boots, and didn't connect all the dots until this moment.

A lull in the flooding...and some unfortunate construction covering St. Mark's....


Daily gelato...


Our bed and breakfast...we were welcomed by an elderly Italian woman who spoke no English and who used hand gestures to explain everything...it was straight out of the movies!



A delicious little pizza joint we found around the corner from our B&B with a wonderful wood-fired oven...and after walking for over 8 hours, YES, you eat the whole thing!

A little drinking chocolate to warm up on the rainiest day...

If you looking for a B&B in Venice, and want something affordable (and willing to trek a bit?), email me and I'll share any accommodation information.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Ugh! SO amazing and beautiful! Can you have a picture viewing night so we can see them and hear stories?